When your child walks through the door on a rainy day, holding a cup in his hands, and declares, "Mom! I found a pet for us!" it sends a shiver of fear down your spine. At least it does when the last time your children caught something outside in a cup, it was a baby tarantula.
Now he was holding this "thing" in my living room, and I had no idea what was about to come creepy crawling out of that cup.
I wasn't sure I really wanted to know, but I heard the words come out of my mouth.
"WHAT IS IT?"
He seemed surprised at my tone of voice, but answered enthusiastically,
"I found a SNAIL!"
Um, yeah....didn't see that one coming! Talk about feeling relieved!
So, after explaining to Skyler that no, he could not keep the snail in his bedroom, the bathroom, or anywhere else in the house, we took it back outside to give it a new home.
After we took a few pictures...
And the snail was happily installed in the guest house (flower pot) off the front porch.
Our poor snails like to hang out on the sidewalk to the car.
ReplyDeleteThere have been many casualties. :)
-c
And it lived happily ever after...
ReplyDeleteThose are great pictures! Snails are better than tarantulas - hands down!
ReplyDelete