Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fresh Start


What is it about starting fresh that feels so good?

I love starting a new year with new resolutions even though I rarely stick with them for more than a few weeks.

I love moving into a new home...by new I don't mean as in "brand new" (have yet to experience that one!) but as in a new place. A new start. A chance to be a new person there that somehow I wasn't able to be in my previous dwelling. So maybe I don't magically morph into anyone different, but it still feels good.

I love discovering new things and learning new ways to make living life better. Somehow they do help me magically morph into a different person. At least a slightly improved person.

Most of all, I love the
atonement. It allows all of us to become "new" over and over again. When our old character is marred and damaged by sin and wrongdoings, we have a way to make a new, fresh, start.

Tonight, I am relishing the joy of starting a new blog. Reminds me of my teenagers years and the excitement I felt at starting a new journal. *Laughs* Almost makes me want to go blow the dust off of my most "recent" journal and relish that pasttime. Almost, but not quite.

I've decided to start a new blog. Definitely not because I was so good at keeping up with my old one that I felt adequate to maintain two.

But, I've decided to pursue a new purpose and direction with my blogging and a fresh start seemed only appropriate for my venture. So dear readers, please excuse all of my old bad habits that I will most likely carry over despite my attempts to leave those behind. After all, I undoubtedly will not magically morph into a fabulous blogger. But hey, it's okay to settle for mediocre, no?

~ Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment