Just so you know, my absence on here is not from a failure of motivation to blog. I have plenty of motivation.
It is also not entirely from lack of time, though that is always an issue....and I know I'm not the only one in that boat!
The real problem has been my possessed computer. At least that's what I've determined the root of the cause is. My computer has been possessed by some phantom computer genie that is seeking to completely frustrate my technological existence.
Let me explain....
My computer has been having problems for awhile. Several weeks ago, I admitted it into the computer hospital after realizing it had probably fallen sick to a virus. It had....a trojan and several other random viruses. And yes, I have anti-virus software which apparently didn't stop these.
One week and $200.00 later, I picked up my supposedly "healthy" computer. To aid it's normal function, my generous boss also had more ram installed and added an external hard drive to ease it's failing memory. That little set up cost nearly $300.00.
After another week of problems seemingly caused by a failing moniter, I purchased a new moniter as well as a wireless mouse and keyboard and was assured by the "know-it-alls" at the computer hospital that this should resolve any remaining issues. Another $200+ later...... I readmitted the computer that STILL would not function properly, convinced that they failed to remove all of the viruses.
Another week later and they returned my computer back to me claiming they could find nothing wrong with it and apparently I am imagining the fact that it keeps shutting down on me, that the screen goes into random wild fanatical displays of light and shade, and that on more days than not, the thing refuses to start up at all.
This morning I have decided that it is possessed. Since no one else has a logical solution, that is the conclusion that I have drawn.
What makes me mad is that over $700.00 has been spent on this said possessed computer when I could have purchased a brand new unpossessed one by now. Where's the computer whisperer when I need one?
The good news is, the new external hard drive now contains all the wonderful important things I need on it: pictures, the entirety of my work, etc, so at least all is not lost!
If you want Shane could probably take a look at it...he and Rhett do IT stuff as a business and they are great at it! :)
ReplyDeleteOh no! Not fun! I am glad you didn't lose all your things though! I really need to back up all my pictures and files too - just in case! :)
ReplyDelete