So yesterday as Jackson was quietly napping in his room, I decided to take a break from all that I "NEEDED" to do (you know, the never ending list), and actually live in the moment. I don't do this enough and I feel like I let too much of life pass me by.
I felt a little rediculous taking self portraits, but I wanted to get the leaves in the background just to remind myself that fall really does come here, you just have to wait for it. And you have to learn to appreciate the 80 degree weather that coincides with it. I have learned to appreciate it.
I think of Martina McBride's song "Blessed"....and how grateful I am for a few quiet moments out of the day to remember what wonderful things surround me.
Then I went back in and cleaned my house, took care of my children, fixed my family supper, and did not have another moment's peace to myself for the rest of the day.
And that's exactly how it should be.
I love fall!!!
ReplyDeleteYour pumpkins are brilliant.
ReplyDeleteAnd I always feel ridiculous taking pictures of myself too. :)
Nicely put Katy! Kudos for taking "that moment" :)
ReplyDelete